Effective 1 January 2014
It's as simple as this
- We will only use your Personal Information to provide you with a service on behalf of an organisation that you’re affiliated with through your User Account.
- If we contact you it will be because you’ve asked us to, or the communication directly relates to the operation of a service we're providing to you.
- We won’t disclose any of your Personal or Financial Transaction Information to a third party unless we're legally required to do so, or you’ve given us explicit permission to do so through one of our services.
- We do not store credit card details.
So Acclaim can function we need to be able to place a temporary cookie (a small text file) on your computer while you're using Acclaim. If you have your browser set to prevent us from writing a temporary cookie you will not be able register with or log in to Acclaim.
- This cookie is only used to store information about your current Acclaim session (your Session ID).
- It is not capturing any personal information or browsing history.
- Temporary cookies delete themselves automatically when you leave our site or close your browser window. They do not remain on your computer.
Questions & Answers
When do we collect Personal Information?
When you setup your User Account, add information to it, or use our services.
Where do we store and process your Personal Information?
In highly secure data centres in Europe and the United States of America.
How secure is your Personal Information?
If it can be used to identify or contact you, or access your User Account, it’s encrypted.
What Personal and Operational Information do we collect when you're accessing Acclaim?
Your IP address, the web browser your using, the date and time you logged in, what you did and when, and when you logged out.
UK Data Protection Statement
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is: